Thursday 11 April 2013

Designer Osman Yousefzada Talks About Dressing Kristen


From Grazia Daily | Via | Via:

Grazia Daily: How did it come about that Kristen wore your design?

Osman: Her stylist took a liking to it, pulled it and and she loved it. I got lucky! It is always an honour when anybody takes to your designs. When it finds a home on someone like Kristen Stewart, I consider myself humbled and lucky.

Grazia Daily: Did you work with her stylist?

Osman: I have a showroom in LA [laChambre] that works directly with her stylist.

Grazia Daily: What is it about Kristen that made you want to dress her?

Osman: Kristen has a strong presence but in that there is restraint, there is an element of mystery...intrigue. She feels like a natural extension of my brand so it makes sense to me to see her in my clothes.

Grazia Daily: Did you meet Kristen?

Osman: Wouldn't that be lovely? But no. I imagine she'd be really cool.

Grazia Daily: How did it feel when you saw Kristen wearing your design on the red carpet?

Osman: I woke up to wonderful Sunday morning with Twitter going crazy with pictures of Kristen looking stunning in our Pre-Fall check. She looked amazing!

Grazia Daily: What's your verdict on the way she styled the look?

Osman: It was cool and no fuss. I imagine her to be that way too.

From ELLE UK | Via:

Whatever Kristen Stewart wears on the red carpet causes global hysteria among her billions of fans. And, this weekend, the style spotlight shone on London design star Osman.

The Twilight actress – and former ELLE cover girl – stepped out on the red carpet at the Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards in LA on Saturday wearing a structured top and tailored shorts from Osman’s pre-fall collection, which hits stores in May.

‘I woke up on Sunday morning to a Twitter frenzy and pics of Kristen Stewart looking stunning in our pre-fall check,’ the designer told ELLE. ‘Such an honour and so humbling.

‘I have always admired her, and always thought she would look amazing in Osman. She has this strength, and I love dressing strong women. I think she looks effortlessly cool. No fuss. It’s exactly how I love my clothes to look, and my design aesthetic.’
From British Vogue | Via:

OSMAN YOUSEFZADA found himself another star fan in the form of Vogue cover girl Kristen Stewart this weekend. The actress wore a matching checked navy T-shirt and shorts from the label's pre-autumn/winter 2013-14 collection to the Kids' Choice Awards on Saturday night.

"I have always been an admirer of Kristen Stewart," Yousefzada told us today. "She feels like a natural extension of my brand, so it makes sense to me to see her in my clothes. It was incredible when I woke up on Sunday morning to a Twitter frenzy and pictures of her looking stunning in one of my looks."

The label has attracted a diverse following over the years, including Beyoncé Knowles, Diane Kruger and Samantha Cameron. Yousefzada admits that Stewart has a unique appeal.

"I have always admired her and always thought she would look amazing in Osman," he said. "She has this strength and I love dressing strong women. I think that she looks effortlessly cool - there's no fuss. It's exactly how I love my clothes to look."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...